Announcement No.: BIRS06122013-12
Position: Business Intelligence & Reporting Specialist
Division/Department: Information Systems
Salary Range: $57,000 - $72,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Site: Arlington, VA
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (not actual work hours)
Area of Consideration: All applicants
Opening Date: June 12, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Business Intelligence Specialist role is to serve as a key technical member of APA’s business intelligence team supporting the design and implementation of BI and reporting solutions. Responsibilities include requirements gathering, design, training and deployment of BI solutions to end users. The Business Intelligence Specialist is also the primary technical contact for the development and enhancement of operational reports required by the organization.
Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems. Document requirements, develop functional specifications and conduct user training to ensure the successful delivery and continued usage of all BI solutions.
- Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Lead the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Support the Database Administrator to produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization’s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Evaluate and select database/data warehouse components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools and database design solutions.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials.
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the team.
Design, document and implement all new or modified BI and Reporting systems and applications. Ensure all BI systems and Reporting tools fully meet the needs of end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI/Reporing systems, applications, and programs.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI/Reporting development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the Database Administrator to develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Develop reports, dashboards and other output from BI and operational/transactional systems.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
Maintain high levels of BI and Reporting availability through support functions and in-depth testing. Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune applications as necessary. Coordinate integration between BI/reporting applications and related databases, legacy systems and data warehouses.
- Maintain high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary; provide technical support as required.
- Coordinate integration between BI/reporting applications and related databases, legacy systems and data warehouses.
- College or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience.
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as MS SQL Server, Crystal, SAP, SCM, and Salesforce.com. Expertise in Business Objects tools, such as Scheduler, Designer, Data Integrator, and BO Universe design.
- Demonstrated ability with MS Windows operating systems.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Full project management and development life cycle experience.
- Experience with database design applications.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must submit resume, cover letter with salary requirements.
RESUMES SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT. Employment will require a background check.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Via Email: HRAPPS@psych.org
Via Mail or Delivery: Office of Human Resources
American Psychiatric Association
1000 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22209-9998
ATTN: Business Intelligence & Reporting Specialist
Via Fax: (703) 907 - 1088
OFFICIAL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES ONLY
APA IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE