Announcement No.: ITO03282014-8
Position: Information Technology Officer
Division/Department: Information Systems
Salary Range: Negotiable
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Site: Arlington, VA
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (not actual work hours)
Area of Consideration: All applicants
Opening Date: March 28, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Information Technology Officer (ITO) of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) is the strategic thinker responsible for leading the ongoing evaluation of existing IT systems, putting the right infrastructure in place, including personnel, to achieve desired deliverables, and working with other executives to ensure that staff resources are properly organized to maximize the benefits of IT systems. The ITO ensures that the IT department is functioning optimally, adhering to best practices, and serving the end users, which include both staff and physician members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSILBILTIES:
- Identify and implement innovative IT solutions to support the work of the APA, including internal operations as well as member-serving functions.
- Provide ongoing assessment of organization capabilities, identify gaps, and recommend and implement changes based on experience and due diligence. Lead the implementation of new systems and system enhancements. Develop and manage project implementation plans and indicators of success and ensure accountability of organization staff and contracted vendors.
- Assist APA IT and program staff to identify whether identified gaps require a technological, workflow and/or human resource solution.
- Improve IT operations as measured by 1) interoperability of systems, 2) quality of software recommended, 3) cost/benefit, 4) customer/client satisfaction, and 5) innovation.
- Develop performance measures to determine utility and customer satisfaction for all IT systems.
- Develop and recommend information technology policies to ensure the appropriate acquisition, use and cost-effective application of technology.
- Manage the selection, implementation and operationalization of IT systems, including, but not limited to, customer relationship management, learning management system, and business intelligence solutions.
- Oversee the upgrade/redesign and ongoing maintenance of all websites within the APA and American Psychiatric Foundation portfolios.
- Provide status reports detailing progress on the IT strategy, pending issues and recommendations for action.
- Identify potential areas for cost savings.
- Motivate and manage a team of information technology staff supporting the institution’s mission and lead the process of developing an IT vision for the future.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Ten years of experience with at least five at a senior level.
- Ability to take broad ideas and distill them down into actionable items that lead the organization in a strategic direction.
- Track record of effectively and efficiently solving problems and managing large scale projects to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement IT strategies, tactical plans, and annual work plans.
- Ability to achieve efficiencies through workflow improvement to optimize inputs and ensure valuable output from the systems.
- Ability to motivate a team and act as a team player.
- Strong management and people skills with the experience and authority to hold people accountable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must submit resume, cover letter with salary requirements.
RESUMES SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT. Employment will require a background check.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Via Email: HRAPPS@psych.org
Via Mail or Delivery: Office of Human Resources
American Psychiatric Association
1000 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22209-9998
ATTN: Information Technology Officer
OFFICIAL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES ONLY
APA IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities