Announcement No.: WDCM03122014-7
Position: Web Digital Communications Manager
Division/Department: Integrated Marketing
Salary Range: $57,000 - $72,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Site: Arlington, VA
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (not actual work hours)
Area of Consideration: All applicants
Opening Date: March 12, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Web Digital Communications Manager is a dynamic role that requires a self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing for the web, HTML/CSS, and site management for all of APA’s websites (www.psychiatry.org, annualmeeting.psychiatry.org, apaeducation.org).
This role will provide content development for APA’s external facing websites to improve knowledge, awareness and communication between APA and APA Members, prospective members, and the general public.
In addition to writing, editing and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with the IT team to maintain site standards with regard to new development. This position will also manage the eblasts and work closely with Communications on social media, and understand the latest trends in both mediums of digital communication.
The Web Digital Communications Manager will use the content management system and other technologies, to maintain the website day-to-day, while ensuring consistency throughout all pages and sites to provide a positive user experience.
The person in this position will consolidate the function of posting new material from internal departments and work with ISS to implement/post changes on the home page of the main APA website. Posted material includes text, photos, graphics, videos and animations. He/she will review website content for relevance and timeliness by identifying and updating out-of-date information. The Web Digital Communications Manager will perform quality checks and continuously review our website to eliminate typos, broken links, functionality errors and poor interface. The Web Digital Communications Manager will compile and report on website analytics to assess the relevance and usage of posted items, regularly inform executive staff of site usage, and routinely review material on the home page, making sure that new and timely information is regularly posted.
- Manage content for APA’s websites using content management software
- Gather, research, and/or develop and update necessary page content
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Track and report on all site metrics
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Apply appropriate industry tools and methodologies to implement process and policy changes
Lead larger web projects and production timelines
The Web Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for developing/maintaining the voice of the APA through all web content and digital communications while working with and key program staff to create fresh content.
- Coordinate web projects across departments
- Maintain an editorial calendar identifying holidays, special days, weeks and months (i.e., Father’s Day, Alzheimer’s Awareness Month) and work with OCPA staff to develop targeted and timely material
- Work with all APA programs to understand how to best feature their program area information on the website in a clean, concise, consistent, and easy-to-access format
- Support business-case development for programs and projects
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams in the design and execution of key processes
- Ensure that all website material is consistent with APA website style guide
- Create a library archive of dated material that has been removed from the site but has historical value
Manage bulk email campaigns, social media and online marketing strategies.
This position will work with all APA programs to understand how to best feature their program area information on the website in a clean, concise, easy to access format.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
- Work with Communications Office to coordinate Social Media Strategy and integration
- Support Communications staff by regularly reviewing APA main social media sites and reporting problematic comments/inappropriate postings to OCPA director
- Assist OCPA in hosting Twitter chats, Google hangouts and other social media events
- Coordinate and work with email vendor to create, troubleshoot, and test email messages.
EXPERIENCE AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work independently and to drive to completion
- Must also be able to operate successfully within several cross- functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to influence and drive change
- Excellent communicator/information sharer
- Knowledge about and facility with social media platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Web Development, or related field, or significant relevant experience
- Five year’s minimum experience of website development projects and usage of cutting-edge strategies and technologies to enhance web content and interactive user experiences
- Proficient in copywriting, editing and proofreading, specific to an online environment
- Experience administering and maintaining web content and production / design via a content management system as well as experience with SEO and Search Marketing is a must
- Experience with bulk e-mailing platforms
- Experience in interactive media, and database management is preferred
- Experience with processing images for web use
- Customer Journey Mapping
- Knowledge of Membership Management Systems a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must submit resume, cover letter with salary requirements.
RESUMES SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT. Employment will require a background check.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Via Email: HRAPPS@psych.org
Via Mail or Delivery: Office of Human Resources
American Psychiatric Association
1000 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22209-9998
ATTN: Web Digital Communications Manager
OFFICIAL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES ONLY
APA IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities