International Member Get-A-Member Recruitment Campaign
Fri February 08,
Help increase the APA international community by sharing your APA membership experience and encouraging friends and colleagues who are practicing psychiatry internationally to join the APA. You and the referred new member will be eligible to win one of the prizes listed below. Stop by the APA Membership Booth in the Member Center in the San Francisco exhibit hall during the 2013 Annual Meeting to see if you are a winner! (winners need not be present)
Let your international colleagues know that the APA is offering NEW international members a one-time 25% discount off international membership dues! Have them join online today and list you as their referrer!
Grand Prize: Free registration for both winners to attend the APA 2014 Annual Meeting in New York, NY, May 3-7, 2014.
Second Prize: Free 2014 APA membership dues for both winners.
Third Prize: $100 American Psychiatric Publishing gift certificate for both winners.
General Rules & Requirements:
1. The contest is open to all APA members in good standing.
2. International membership applications must be received in the APA national office by May 1, 2013 to be included in the 2013 Annual Meeting drawing. A copy of their medical license (in English or certified translation) and their APA membership dues payment must be submitted with the application.
3. Only applications that meet the APA requirements for international membership will be entered into the drawing.
4. To be entered in the drawing, the referrer information must be included at the time the membership application is submitted and cannot be added after the application has been processed.
5. If the referrer is an APA General Member or Member-in-Training and wins the second prize drawing of free 2014 membership dues, the prize will be applied to APA national dues only. (District Branch/State Association dues are not included.) The value of membership dues is not to exceed $500.
6. Winners will be notified in writing on how to redeem their prizes.
APA International Membership Benefits and Application