Continue your lifelong learning with ONE trusted resource
FOCUS is the complete system to meet the requirements of Lifelong Learning, Maintenance of Certification, Self-Assessment and Performance in Practice. FOCUS is available in print and online. Subscribers receive unlimited online access to past volumes at no extra charge. There is no easier, more reliable approach to continuing psychiatric education.
FOCUS is a system of lifelong learning written by experts in the field that addresses the core content in psychiatry and provides a comprehensive review of current clinical practice for each featured topic. A CME quiz is provided in each issue. Earn up to 20 hours of CME per year.
Discover your strengths and possible areas for improvement with the FOCUS Self-Assessment. Receive a 120-question, multiple-choice, ABPN-approved, self-assessment exam (MOC Part 2) with critique and reference companion for an additional 24 CME credits.
FOCUS includes PIP Modules approved by ABPN for the clinical chart review component of MOC Part 4. Completion of stages A, B, and C provides 20 additional CME credits.
FOCUS is the best program to help you prepare for recertification and complete MOC requirements:
- ABPN-approved Self-Assessment
- ABPN-approved PIP modules
- CME Credit
Focus updates you in core clinical areas:
- Volume VIII (2010): Psychotherapy; Personality and Temperament; Genetics and Genomics; Psychopharmacology: Treatment Resistant Disorders
- Volume IX (2011): Addiction Psychiatry; Bipolar Disorder; Professionalism and Quality Measures in Psychiatry; Anxiety Disorders
- Volume X (2012): Womens Mental Health; Schizophrenia; Child and Adolescent Psychiatry; Depression
- Volume XI (2013): Geratric Psychiatry; Personality Disorders; Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury; Integrated Care and Psychosomatic Medicine
The APA Clinical eFOCUS Program is an email-based ABPN-approved self-assessment practice comparison activity that meets Part 2 of MOC. Surveys are developed up to four times per year and are designed to help practicing psychiatrists assess their level of knowledge regarding current psychiatric practice and clinical advances. Free to members and FOCUS subscribers, the self-assessment is sent in two emails.
Email 1: Clinicians receive a case vignette with a survey assessment of treatment options. Participants determine how to assess and care for a patient. Participants receive a peer comparison for each answer.
Email 2: Participants receive an “expert commentary” on the case by a prominent clinician-researcher. After completing the survey, reading the commentary and reviewing the resources, the clinician will have an opportunity to claim up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Additional FOCUS Resources