Visit www.APAeducation.org to review the entire course catalog and to register for online courses.
Earn up to 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for physicians and 6 CE credits for non-physicians
$199 (APA members) $249 (non-members) $99 (for APA Members-in-Training)
Course Description: The most authoritative online course on the DSM-5 presented by the DSM-5 Task Force chair and vice-chair, Drs. David J. Kupfer and Darrel A. Regier, and supplemented by presentations from chairs or members of the 13 DSM-5 Work Groups, who provide explanations regarding changes in their respective diagnostic classes and offer specific guidance about implementation in clinical care and research.
Practice Guideline Courses
Earn up to 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per course
APA members: $50 / Non-members: $100 Each course contains general and specific treatment recommendations for a specific disorder, with resources for further study and a CME quiz. Courses are available in:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Suicidal Behaviors
- Acute Stress Disorder and PTSD
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Substance Use Disorders
Earn up to 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
APA members: Free / Non-members: $399 PIP modules are guided practice improvement programs created for psychiatrists, and are approved by ABPN for MOC Part 4. Modules follow a three-stage Performance Improvement CME structure that takes place within a 24 month period. Available and in production PIP Modules:
- Physician Assessment Module for the Screening of Adults with Substance Use Disorder (SUD)-Available Now
- Physician Practice Assessment Tool for the Assessment and Treatment of Adults with SUD- Available Now
- Physician Practice Assessment Tool for the Assessment and Treatment of Adults at Risk for Suicide and Suicide-Related Behaviors- Available Now
- Physician Practice Assessment Tool for the Care of Patients with a Diagnosis of Schizophrenia- Available Now
- Physician Practice Assessment Toolfor the Care of Patients with Major Depressive Disorder- Available Now
APA Meetings On Demand
A comprehensive digital library featuring the best symposia and lectures from the Annual Meeting and Institute on Psychiatric Services in synchronized audio and slide format, with CME credit-eligible sessions and the opportunity for ongoing learning opportunities.
Earn up to 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
APA members: $100 / Non-members: $200 / APA member Residents: Free This course is designed for physicians to complete the training requirement for CSAT certification to prescribe buprenorphine in office-based treatment of opiate dependent patients as established by the Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000.
Professionalism and the Internet
Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
$19 (APA members), $39 (non-members)
The evidence of unprofessional online behavior among physicians and the complexity of the potential issues raised with internet use in psychiatry suggest that psychiatrists benefit from explicit guidelines about potential clinical, ethical and legal pitfalls of internet use. This online course helps you avoid pitfalls as you navigate this new terrain of digital and social media. Participants review fifteen vignettes with an opportunity for decision making following each vignette.
Cognitive Therapy and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy: More Alike Than Different?
Earn up to 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Free for APA members
Two masters of psychotherapy discuss the commonalities and differences between these two well-established forms of treatment. Drs. Aaron Beck and Glen Gabbard participate in an informal armchair conversation about these different yet overlapping forms of psychotherapy.
CPT Coding and Documentation Update: 2013 CPT Coding Changes
Earn up to 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
APA members: Free / Non-members: $50 Learn how to use CPT codes for general medical evaluation and management of patients.
Earn up to 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
APA members: $25 / Non-members: $30 / APA memberResidents:Free An introductory course on how to critically appraise the scientific literature.
- My Transcript: Record and store your CME credits in one easy-to-access location.
- Three-Year Certificate (Members Only): To receive a three-year certificate, complete a total of 150 hours of CME activities within a 3-year period. At least 90 hours must be in Category 1 Credit™. The remaining 60 hours may be in either Category 1 Credit™ or Category 2 Credit™.