The APA invites comments throughout the practice guideline development process. On this page, APA members and other stakeholders may review potential guideline topics, clinical questions for guidelines under development, and draft guidelines.
APA selects topics for development of a practice guideline according to the following criteria:
- Degree of public importance (prevalence and seriousness)
- Relevance to psychiatric practice
- Availability of systematic reviews of available evidence
- Likelihood that a guideline would improve practice and patient care
- Time since publication of practice guidelines on the topic by APA or other organizations
APA members and stakeholders may suggest topics for future APA guideline development using this form or by direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “topic nomination” in the subject of your email.