Geriatric Psychiatry -Education Resources
Continuing Medical Education/Maintenance of Certification
- APA's Ethnic Minority Elderly Curriculum Intended to help training programs develop their curricula to address the special training requirements for all age groups, with extra information about minority populations in general, and an additional focus on minority elderly. The current version is focused on minority aging issues and has been revised to address teaching methods and the new core competencies required by the ACGME. It is designed to be useful for general psychiatrists, students, and other health care professionals.
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry (AAGP) is a national association representing and serving its members and the field of geriatric psychiatry.
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry Geriatric Psychiatry Self Assessment Program.
- American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting. Every year the Annual Meeting offers symposia, workshops and new research posters relevant to the care of older adults. Course & Master Courses
- American Psychiatric Association Institute on Psychiatric Services. A meeting by, for, and about public-sector psychiatry: a smaller, intimate meeting, ideal for exchanges of ideas.
- FOCUS: The Journal of Lifelong Learning in Psychiatry This journal is really a system for recertification, performance in practice, self-assessment, and lifelong learning in psychiatry. Contents related to Geriatric Psychiatry
- American Journal of Psychiatry The most widely read psychiatric journal in the world.
Selected publications from American Psychiatric Publishing
Opportunities for Medical Student and Residents